- More than 10 years of newspaper, magazine, marketing, business and public relations communications experience
- Expert in AP Style
- Expert in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office Suite
- Significant experience with HTML, CSS, database programs including FileMaker, team communication software including Basecamp, Slack and Trello; WordPress blog/web design
- More than 10 years of service industry experience, including event planning and production, catering and retail
- More than 10 years of art and design experience, including screen printing, both digital and traditional separation; illustration; painting; photography; web and print design
- Expert on both Mac and PC platforms
Syracuse University: S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse, NY
Master of Arts in Magazine/Newspaper/Online Journalism
San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Graphic Designer and Editor, Elevate IMS, Lansing, NY
Design and edit a variety of alumni communications including newsletters, annual reports, member letters, and event postcards and invitations, in addition to web updates for fraternities, sororities and honor societies across the U.S.
Temporary Seasonal Staff, Cornell University Store, Ithaca, NY
08/15 – 09/15
Sales/Framing Associate: Michaels Arts & Crafts, Ithaca, NY
11/14 – 08/15
Production Associate: CustomInk, Charlottesville, VA
06/12 – 11/14
Screen print production team member responsible for printing custom imprintables on both manual and automatic presses, training of new printers. Consistently exceeded daily production quotas.
Sales Associate: Michaels Arts & Crafts, Charlottesville, VA
Freelance Writer and Editor: N2Editing.com
Freelance web and print copy writer and editor for organizations in and around Philadelphia.
Contract Copy Writer/Editor: Bodek & Rhodes, Philadelphia, PA
06/07 – 11/09
Copy writing and editing of 100-plus printed pages of annual catalog and marketing materials for custom imprintables company.
Public Relations Content Developer: Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, PA
04/05 – 06/07
In charge of internal and external public relations content—including print and web copy and graphic standards—at global not-for-profit association.
Special Sections Editor: Syracuse New Times, Syracuse, NY
11/02 – 08/04
In charge of more than 20 award-winning annual special sections, from story conception to final product, at weekly newspaper.
Editorial Intern: National Campaign for the Arts, London, England
06/02 – 08/02
Gathered relevant news and information on the arts from across U.K; uploaded daily to
website. Streamlined layout of organization’s quarterly magazine—ArtsNews.
Graduate Teaching Assistant: Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
09/01 – 05/02
Managed undergraduate graphic design lab, instructed 100-plus undergraduate students in Photoshop, Illustrator and QuarkXPress per semester in coordination with graphics professor.
Financial Aid Coordinator: Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY
08/99 – 05/01
Prepared financial aid information and packages for all applicants. Hired as Admissions
Coordinator, where I coordinated all incoming applications, prepared all mailings for both prospective and admitted students, and coordinated weekly campus visits, tours and events for accepted applicants.
OTHER EXPERIENCE & PUBLICATIONS
Contributing Writer: NY Votes for Women: A Suffrage Centennial Anthology (Cayuga Lake Books, Fall 2017)
Ithaca Welcomes Refugees, Ithaca, NY
- Public Relations/Marketing Manager
- Advocacy Team member
Contributing Writer: Full Grown People
The Bridge Progressive Arts Initiative, Charlottesville, VA
- Screen Printing Workshop Instructor
- Arts Incubator member
- On-site screen printer: Storm the Bridge: An Art Revolution (6/26/2013) and The Revel (5/3/2014) annual fundraisers
Student Publications Judge: National Scholastic Press Association, Minneapolis
Contributing Writer: Looking for Lockerbie (Syracuse University Press, 2008)
• River Teeth Non-Fiction Writers Conference, Ashland, Ohio
• Adobe Illustrator Course, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Charlottesville
• Advanced Creative Non-Fiction Workshop, WriterHouse, Charlottesville, Va.